Sevakan's Security Assessment method is a process of identifying security vulnerabilities on Applications and IT assets from the perspective of threat attackers,
- Identify assets within the organization.
- Understand what data is stored, transmitted, and generated by these assets.
- Measure the risk ranking for assets and prioritize them for mitigation.
- Create risk profiles for each asset & Apply mitigating controls for each asset based on assessment results.
- Vulnerability Assessment and Penetration Testing
- Creating an application portfolio for all current applications, tools, and utilities.
- Documenting security requirements, policies, and procedures.
The assessment provides decision making of resource allocation, tooling, and security control implementation. Thus, conducting an assessment is an integral part of an organization's risk management process.
security risk assessment is a continuous activity, it isn't a one-time security process. It should be conducted at least once every year. Continuous assessment provides an organization with a current and up-to-date snapshot of threats and risks to which it is exposed.